PWSD Employee Spotlight: Chris
- Name: Chris Fischer
- Job title: Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst
- How long have you worked at PWSD? About two months
- What are your daily responsibilities at PWSD? My Daily responsibilities are taking development data and digitizing it, collecting GPS points, and finding new ways to utilize raster data in ArcMap to benefit Parker Water and Sanitation.
- What’s your favorite part about working for PWSD? My favorite part about working for Parker water is collaborating with my supervisor, learning new things about GIS, and how Parker water cares about work-life balance and the overall health of their employees. These things are essential to me and a big part of why I enjoy working for Parker Water and Sanitation District.
- What led you to work in this field? After two semesters of pursuing a degree in forestry wildlife management, I was exposed to GIS. While taking my first GIS class, I decided that I enjoyed Spatial Science and wanted to make it my career. I changed my degree path to Geospatial Science and graduated from SFASU in December 2021. GIS and spatial science have always intrigued me; I never knew I could make it a career until I went to college.